Image Map

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Snow Day Productivity!

Well, we are having our first snow/ice day this year, and I just got an email from our superintendent that we won't have school again tomorrow either.  Here is the picture he sent us of the main road that leads to our campus...


The snow was pretty while it lasted yesterday afternoon, but it was followed by sleet and freezing rain...which makes for a mess!  We had President's Day off yesterday, and early release on Friday, so we are having a nice long weekend!

With the super cold weather we have had since Sunday - I've been inside doing some TPT work!  First off was updating the first set of monthly math centers that I ever made last year - my April set.  This was a set of baseball themed math centers and I was excited to get to a month where I didn't have to make math centers...welp, I was wrong!  Looked at them the other day and was like "wowzers! that needs a face lift!".  So Sunday and yesterday they got a facelift and added some more centers while I was at it.  Now I just need to print, laminate, and send home for parents to cut!






This morning after exercising, eating a yummy breakfast and enjoying my coffee while watching Golden Girls, I got settled in to finish up my economics unit that I started on about a month ago.  We are going to be doing an economics study leading up to our field trip to the mall and Kanki (a Japanese steakhouse where they cook the food right in front of you).  At the mall, the students are going to be doing an economics scavenger hunt looking for goods/services, wants/needs, producers/consumers, and deciding if they would spend or save their "money".  We are very blessed at our school, since we don't do buses, to have most all parents go on each field trip.  This time, I have 22 out of 23 kids chaperoned by their own parent!  The amount of parental involvement helps make field trips like these successful.

Anyway...back to the economics unit!  This unit has a lot of goodies to help your students understand the basic principles of economics through graphic organizers, reading comprehension, and more!
I've even included the economics scavenger hunt so you can do this with your class too!








Back in August, when I had one of my students lose a tooth at school, I got all excited, bought some Melonheadz clipart and made him a little certificate to mark the special occasion.  Then, that document sat on my desktop since then...6 months...and I only used it that one time, even though I've had several kids lose teeth at school since.  Today, I got tired of it sitting there unfinished, so I finished it up and made it a Freebie in my TPT store!  There is both a girl and boy version!  Hope you enjoy!




Hope you are staying warm if you are being hit by this big winter storm!  No school for me tomorrow and they are predicting more snow for tomorrow afternoon.  Yikes!  We don't have any make-up days in our calendar and I sure don't want to have to make these days up during track-out!



No comments:

Post a Comment